Monday, 6 June 2016

June Birchbox: Paradise Found


Welcome to this month's Birchbox unboxing post!




In this post I will be going through what I have received in this months box, what my expectations are and what everything was worth. These are my first impressions, later on in the month I will review the products in more detail once I have had a chance to use them.

This months Birchbox is all about summer!! The Paradise Found box is all about getting ready for long days and warm nights. This month I received five samples and I am mostly pleased with all of them.

The box itself is gorgeous. There were two designs, I received the Palm tree box, the others were pineapples. For one month only the box isn't a box at all, instead it is a mini draw which is really handy for keeping things in.


Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner - Full sized product - £12



Meet the new chubby eyeliner pen from Eyeko - proof that sometimes, bigger really is better. This easy-to-use liner lets you get a steady grip for even application. It delivers the same smudge-proof, budge-proof, rich colour that we adore - now in a thicker, bolder-than-ever line. Enriched with nourishing algae extract, this liner glides on smoothly for a high-impact look (without any fuss).
The whole box cost me £10 plus £2 p&p so I have got my moneys worth in the first item alone.

I am not really a eyeliner user so I fear this great sample might be slightly wasted on me. Black liners especially make me look a little weird, I have quite small eyes and eyeliner only highlights this. I normally use a lightly, bronze eye shadow pencil instead.
I tried this product on my hand. It went on very smoothly and dried quickly. It did smudge a little but all in all it seemed really good quality. I will try this eyeliner for a few days and see how it goes.

Percy & Reed, reassuringly firm session hold hairspray – 50ml sample

(full size 250ml, £12)




Spritzing on the right hairspray is the key to getting a polished look, whether your hair is in beachy waves, a trendy fishtail, or a perfectly placed topknot. Thankfully, Percy & Reed's ultra fine, humidity-resistant spray delivers seriously strong hold while letting you style and restyle your hair throughout the day - all without getting flaky or crunchy.

I use hairspray everyday so this is a great sample for me to receive. I have naturally frizzy/wavy hair that falls to my chin so I am happy to have anything to tame it. The spray is described as humidity – resistant which I really hope is true as humidity is my arch nemesis.

Also, the can is really, really pretty which shouldn't matter but somehow it does.


Huygens: Le Gommage Visage – 10ml sample

(Full size 50ml, £17.90)



Packed with skin-friendly ingredients like nourishing sesame oil and antioxidant-boosting green tea, this gentle face scrub from Huygens is perfect for all skin types. Rice powder particles work to purify and lift away dead skin cells without irritation, while the creamy formula leaves skin soft and hydrated. Effectively, its healthy skin in a jar!

This face scrub is very expensive so I am expecting a lot from it. The sample is pretty small but it is full to the very top. I use face scrub everyday so this will not go to waste. It smells really nice as well and is made from natural ingredients so it is good for the environment.  You can see from the picture how thick this looks so I am hoping it is a great scrub that cleans and moisturizes at the same time.
This looks really good I can't wait to try this one, I think it might be my favourite sample of the month!

Vita Liberata: Fabulous Self Tanning Gradual Lotion – 50ml sample

(full size 200ml, £15)



The problem: achieving a beachy bronze look without scorching our sensitive skin. The solution: this gradual self-tanning lotion, which develops a lasting sun-kissed look in mere hours. Unlike old-fashioned tanners, this unique formula is tint-free and scent-free thanks to Odour Remove™ technology. In addition to creating a gorgeous natural glow, this lotion hydrates, nourishes, and conditions your skin with certified organic ingredients — including shea butter and extracts from melon, ginkgo biloba leaf, and lychee. Believe it or not, this miracle worker is also free of parabens, sulphates, and phthalates.

Ok so self tanning is not really my thing. I have had some disasters and I tan quite easily so I don't really bother using tanning products. That being said I will give this a go, mostly because I hate wasting things. The product itself seems nice enough. It is a white cream that is completely odourless which is great as sometimes these types of product have a nasty smell to them.  I promise to try this and come back with a review.
 
Yes to: Blueberries Facial Wipes – 10 wipes

(full size 25 wipes, £6.99)


We all know fruit is good for us so make your skincare regime a little juicier with Yes To’s Age Refresh Brightening Towelettes. Formulated with blueberries, coconut, lemon peel and apple, they gently cleanse, remove make-up and moisturise in one easy wipe leaving skin clean and glowy.

This is another everyday product for me so I am happy to receive these. I have not heard of this brand before but they sound great. The wipes are 96% natural which I like and they smell incredible. It is really hard to find a face wipe that doesn't dry out your face so if these are good they are definitely something that I will buy.

That's all for this months box. Come back later in the month for a more in-depth review of each product.

(all product descriptions taken from the Birchbox website)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!